Since probably the age of sixteen, I have enjoyed to work. From pizza joints to Chinese restaurants I was always on the hunt for ways to make money. For seasons of my life I have worked up to three jobs at one time. Living paycheck to paycheck was somethings I refused to do, but it became for about security.
When God was calling me to leave the bartending scene, and focus on ministry I was terrified. But what if I need more money or what if something comes up and I am in a oh crap situation. I could just hear Him saying to me, “Ummm do you not trust me??!!”. As I gritted me teeth and quit I had one job for the first time in years. As promised He always provided of me. As I continued to purse and follow the call God continued to chisel away the parts of me that were depending on other means for stability and security. As I was spending time in prayer and seeking God to help me with the next step, He said Heather your holding onto your finances. Stop looking at it for security, and truly depend on me. I WILL give you all you need and beyond. I created you to depend on me not a job.
So I let go. I know what your thinking, yeah okay its not that easy to truly trust God with EVERYTHING. Today I want to tell you yes it is. It is a CHOICE. I decided to believe with my WHOLE heart. Make the decision. Whatever you are holding on to, whatever you run to when your sad, confused, scared. What can you not do without? If that answer is not God then go to Him and ask Him to help you. My prayer went something like this.
“Father, I want to take my finances off the alter and put you there. I want to run to you when I am feeling overwhelmed and stressed out not to shopping or hustling to feel secure. Lord you know my heart and it is for YOU but I give it over truly again and again. Each time my flesh wants to run to worldly things to self-medicate help me to immediately surrender it over to you.I let go of everything, I do not hold tightly to anything but you Lord”
It is that simple. DECIDE to believe. And every moment something comes in your head to try and get you to doubt to get you to worry say a prayer, remember the truth. No I decided the stand on the word, the my Heavenly Father has plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future. All those other lies have to go in the presence of YOU. He is faithful.
I am not sure what you are clinging to but I want to encourage you today to give it to God. Put Him back on the throne of your heart. There is nothing to big or to small. Open your hands and your heart to all God wants to do to you and through you, hold nothing back! Don’t give up or quit! It all works out for good no matter what it looks like on the outside.
- Be honest, what do you run to? Spend time in prayer. Even if it is a good thing we should be running to God first.
- Do not distract yourself. Making your self to busy to even allow reflection.
- Ask God to search you and show you anything you might be clinging to for security. Sometimes we can not see it.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
- Galatians 6 9-10 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 1Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
- Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.