God created us in His image. I can just stop right there. Chew that for a moment. You are a master piece of God. Hand crafted. Yes that means those flaws too. Those things you don’t like about yourself, the things you wish you could change in the past, the things that feel like they are your down falls, ALL will be used for good.
I know what you can be thinking right now…yeah okay but you don’t understand what I am going through. You do not see the tears and pain I feel by myself at night yelling in my pillow. You do not know how alone I am or how broken and useless I feel. How could God possible put this in me or allow this to happen in my life?
Friends I get it, truthfully. I do not discredit the mountain that you are facing. But I can tell you, you have the authority in Jesus name to throw it into the sea if you have faith. I tell you with confidence in my words, nothing will be wasted. After I attempted to take my life, the suicidal thoughts did not just vanish. Depression loomed every corner. Isolation was comforting and God felt far away (LIES). I made a decision that there HAD to be more than this. I was not kept alive on that hospital bed just for this. I decided that with God I can overcome this. Make the decision to believe for more. Years and many trials later God has continued to be faithful. Joy is my strength and my weapon. I have had the opportunity to speak to many individuals overwhelmed with depression and on the verge of suicide. I say all this to say no matter how dark or how deep this season feels keep your eyes fixed on what is beyond sight.
God has knitted you together for such a time as this. What is inside of you is needed on this Earth. Take a deep breath and refocus on His face. Pray and renew your courage. Speak life over yourself. Perspective is everything. God is teaching us who He is and at the same time showing us who we are. Even on your worst day God is fighting for you. Take back your fighting position, reclaim your joy, and snatch back your peace. These things are from the LORD, no men or devil can have them. Look in the mirror and see who God created, YOU. Those weakness you are trying to change embrace them and allow God to show up in them. Give Him the room to blow your mind.
- Stop letting negative and damaging thoughts control your mind. Be proactive in surrendering them in prayer.
- Get around a positive circle. Isolation no matter how comfortable is dangerous.
- Speak to yourself every morning in the mirror. Full of positive words and encouragement. You will not always have people around to do it for you.
- Do not use things or people to fill a void. Turn to the word and prayer when filling empty or lonely. Nothing can fill the whole in you that is meant for God to fill. You will only set yourself up for disappointment and pain.
- Psalms 139: 13-16 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
- Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
- Jeremiah 1:5“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”