Stillness.Unwavering.Trust. To be honest none of these words look fun for me. Not sure if your like me but I am a “doer”. I smile at words like fight, press, stretch, run. I was never much for still. I become anxious, bored quickly, and easily feel like I am doing nothing. Many times being still takes more work for me than pushing forward. God is REALLY working on me in this area right now in my life. I wanted to share how I am learning massive things in this area. I know this is no easy concept to grasp.
I had a moment, okay a few moments with God in a wrestling match (I like to think I was in a match but I was just yelling at Him, He did not yell back.). Be honest with God where are you at and what you are struggling with. Hiding it, faking it is truly hurting you. He can not fix what you fake. So I found myself just being vulnerable on the beach crying and yelling like a two year old. “God WHY!! I thought it would be different! Why is this happening to me I did what you said, Lord please help me out here!!! ” I yelled for understanding. I cried because what I thought would happen was so out of sight. In this moment of honest weakness I could just feel God there. He wasn’t impatient. He let me get it all out. He cared. When you spend time in prayer make sure you dwell in it so He can respond to you. Stop the drive by prayers.
He reminded me there on the beach, I made a decision. I decided to believe Him. I choose to trust Him fully , to follow the call He put in my heart. Meaning my agenda, my outcomes had to die. So many times we do not reach our full potential because we retreat to early. We get off the path before the promise comes to be because we let fear shake us. As I started to remind myself this I was still struggling because I felt like I was doing nothing to move forward. Nothing to purse the call. I am learning a valuable lesson, our value is not attached to what we do. Even in being still we are valuable to God. It is not by our might or by our works that we earn His love. It is simply placed on us. If God is calling you to trust and be still, do not waver. What He has said over your life WILL come to pass at the perfect moment, His moment. You are valuable. You are loved. You are a mighty warrior, that fights from the stance of victory. Cling to the truths over the circumstances around you that come and go. We must make the decision to believe even if things do not go as we thought they should.
LEAVE ANY PRAYER REQUESTS IN THE COMMENT BOX.
- Write down the vision, the desires of your heart and constantly confess it out loud
- Saturate yourself in worship music, the word, and prayer
- Make sure you guard you thoughts. When doubt or fear comes in cast them out replace them with positive ones and truths of who our God is
- Get around people that lift you up and bring out the Christ in you
- Habakkuk 2:2-3 “Then the LORD replied “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it, it will certainly come and will not delay.
- Psalms 37:7 “ Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
- Genesis 37-47 Josephs Story
- Exodus 14: 13-14 “Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”