I find myself asking this question way to often these days, God is it you? The more we hear from God the more we hunger for Him, I know this to be true. I want His direction, to walk the path He created for each of us. I became so done doing things in my own strength or doing things for selfish reasons. Or only calling on God when I would hit my lowest. We should get to a point in our walk with Christ that we are ALL in, not holding tight to any area in our lives. Trusting when we focus on Him ALL areas in our lifes will flourish. We give you our relationships, our finances, our future, ALL of it. I know down to my core that His plans are sooooo much better than ours.
So then it comes down to okay but how do I know this is you God or is it just me creating what I want in my mind and calling it you? This used to be very tricky for me to determine. But then the answer hit me like a train…simply does it sound like Him. Heather do you know Him enough to recognize His voice? Just like any other relationship we can determine their voice because we spend time with them. We can learn their character because we learn about them as we do life with them. You learn a lot about your close friends when you go through highs and lows with them. We learn by being close. God is a still small voice scripture says. In the bible He is always using dreams, visions, people, and many other creative ways to speak to us. We just have to have the ears to hear Him. Have the heart open to the Holy Spirit guiding us along the way. Do not be discouraged if you are not sure it was God guiding you or yourself. Just keep spending time with Him. Keep praying and seeking His wisdom. Do not give up! Continue to ask God to help you hear Him, see Him, and renew your heart. It takes time just like any other relationship. Trust me it is the best relationship for you to nurture and cherish.
LEAVE ANY PRAYER REQUESTS IN COMMENT
- Turn off the noise, turn off the TV, turn off your crazy thoughts and focus on present time with Him.
- God is not a God of confusion. Ask Him for direction and clarity.
- Read Judges 6 , be encouraged Gideon too asked for a sign (be specific) and gave an offering which can be a fast offering, finance offering, prayer offering whatever you are lead too.
- Be patient and trust the process
- 1 Kings 19:11-13 “And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.”
- Deuteronomy 31:8 “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”